Riding back home
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
A Country Spring Break
This past week of March 5-10 was my spring break from college life! I decided to take a trip back home because I was missing that down home country feeling. I go to school in Florida and I chose to spend my spring break at home in the cold Illinois air, kind of weird for a college student right? I needed a break to just hangout with my family and friends and get away from constant studying and homework. While back in Illinois I spent a whole day riding my horse and enjoying the back rodes of Mendon(my home town). I also went on a bird hunt with my boyfriend where we let the dogs run to hunt up some pheasants. Although it was a short trip home, I definetly needed time to just relax and get back to my roots! haha. When I came back from my break which was on March 9th I had to prepare myself for the all day country music event happening the next day! In West Palm Beach, Florida a huge country concert takes place every year called the Rib Round Up. It is very similar to the Chili Cook off which also takes place in South Florida. The event started at noon on Saturday the 10th and lasted all day. It had rained for a portion of the show but it was still worth it to stick around. People came to enjoy country music and tons of delicious racks of ribs! There were many country artist that played throughout the day such as Josh Thompson, Jake Owen, and Montgomery Gentry. It was a very long day, but it was very well worth it to listen to country music!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment